Sunday, June 27, 2010

Kitchen Overhaul Part 2

Not bad for a day's work! The old sink was probably a 60-70 pound metal basin that was bolted into the wall. My husband had to call on the help of our friend Steve to assist. They were working on it all day yesterday. We utilized the old bottom cabinets but moved them forward and closer to the North wall by the windows to fit the counter top better.

The funniest part about this is that the sink is the same exact one from my childhood that I grew up with. The faucet had been in storage and is the same exact one my parents used to have but still works wonderfully. I think the date on the warranty papers was 1985. Talk about a blast from the past! It just proves that Delta makes good faucet hardware! As you can see it still looks brand new. I was so excited I had to get some dishes done. You don't realize how wonderful the little things are in life until they are gone--like a sink that doesn't clog constantly and is not rusting.

Lastly, we hooked up the ice maker and water filter on the fridge and I have to tell you it it a fantastic thing to have! The thing is such a luxury! It makes ice cubes, crushed ice and has a water fountain--all filtered! I had a nice tall glass of lemonade with crushed ice and boy, was it refreshing.

There is still much more work that needs to be done but we are tackling it slowly. Right now everything is in disarray in the kitchen. If things go well we may tackle the counter by the windows too!

No comments:

Post a Comment