Friday, June 25, 2010

STEAKLOBSTER!

Every time my husband and I passed this restaurant called Captain's we always laughed because they have a sign out front advertising "STEAK LOBSTER". Apparently the "&" sign so there is now something we refer to as steaklobsters. Just imagine a big juicy steak made out of lobster meat--without the shell. Mmmmmm.... So, anyway it was good for a giggle.

For my birthday I had requested lobster for dinner but unfortunately my family ended up going to a restaurant with no lobster. Mind you, the food there was excellent! I wasn't complaining one bit. So, last night I put my foot down and said, "Damn it, I want lobster!" I haven't had one in ages.

We discovered a really great place called The Viking Lobster Company. The place looked like a house with a neon "OPEN" sign on it but we were in for a wonderful surprise. It was very cozy, well decorated, and the food was extraordinary!

This is Charlie. He is a 5 pound lobster that we shared. He was delicious. This was probably the best lobster I have ever had! The meat was perfectly tender, sweet, and flavorful. We started off with a salad and soup that was to die for. The soup was a zesty, sweet portuguese style chowder and the salad had a house made creamy clam dressing which was to die for.

This place is definitely a repeat performance! ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment